Inside a SIM card
Staying connected with loved ones is very important. Therefore, it is necessary today to know your SIM card well. This article teaches you about the functionality of a SIM card, ways to purchase it and the steps to order your postpaid SIM.
How does a SIM card work?
Every mobile phone needs a SIM card to connect the user to a mobile network.
A SIM card is an integrated circuit or an IC chip that securely stores the IMSI integrated mobile subscriber identity number and a key that are used to identify the subscriber and connect them to a mobile network via the mobile phone or a computer.
A SIM card contains:
- International mobile subscriber Identity Number (IMSI)
- Security authentication and ciphering information
- Temporary local network information
- List of services availed by the subscriber
- 2 passwords: Personal Identity Number (PIN), Personal Unblocking Code (PUC)
Without the SIM card you cannot connect to a mobile network, although you can only dial 999, for security reasons.
Ways to order your SIM card online
1. Through Vi™’s website
2. Through Vi™ app (for existing users)
- Visit our New Connectionpage
- Select a plan of your choice
- Enter your personal details, email address, mobile number and PIN
- Check the option whether you want to ‘buy new connection’, ‘upgrade to postpaid’, or ‘port your number’
- If you want to opt for a new connection, choose from a series of numbers
- Enter address for postpaid SIM delivery
- Choose a delivery date
- Confirm your order
- Enjoy Vi™ postpaid connection services
Using Vi™ app
- Download Vi™ app
- Login to the app
- Navigate to "Buy New SIM" in the Menu and select "Buy New Postpaid SIM"
- Order for a SIM card