SIM card activation is an integral part of any mobile network connection request. A new SIM can be provided to you in case you’ve damaged or lost your SIM, if you want to upgrade your SIM (from 3G to 4G) or you just want a new connection altogether.
This new SIM card can be activated in many ways. You can activate it at any Vi™ store near you or even activate it yourself, either by dialling a number or sending an SMS.
Here’s a list of ways and steps to help you in the SIM card activation process.
• Dial the SIM activation number for your country (India: 59059)
• Follow the voice instructions and enter your identification and account information using the dial keypad
• The information you entered above will be processed
• Wait for 24 hours till your SIM card is activated
• Once you can send or receive calls or texts, your SIM card is activated and ready for use
• Visit our store locator page to find the nearest store
• Submit your address and ID proof documents
• Talk to a store representative to ensure you do not face any technical issues during the SIM activation procedure
New Connection Request
• Visit the SIM delivery page
• Provide details like name, mobile number and city
• Once you apply for your SIM activation online, we’ll have a delivery person deliver your SIM card to your doorstep
• You can also ask our delivery person to assist you in SIM activation or dial 59059 and activate your SIM (DIY option)
Both prepaid and postpaid accounts can be activated via SMS. Below are the activation steps using our SMS services.
• SMS SIMEX <19-20 digit SIM card number> to 55199 (refer to the back of the SIM card for SIM number)
• You will receive an SMS from 55199 with last 6 digits of SIM card number missing
• You’ll have to send the last 6 digits back to 55199, within two hours of receiving the SMS
• You’ll then receive a success SMS, after which your new SIM will be activated in 20 min
• Insert your new SIM in the SIM 1 slot of your phone, select LTE/4G from the network settings and enjoy uninterrupted Vi™ services
Before we conclude, you need to know that:
• SIM activation is free of cost
• If you send a SIM activation request after our office hours, it will be processed the next day
• SIM card activation is mandatory before you can avail any call or text services
• Subscribers cannot activate a new SIM online. They can only activate their SIM at store or by phone or SMS