This is to inform the general public that, we have received information about certain person(s) who claim themselves to be the representatives of Vodafone Idea Limited (formerly Idea Cellular Limited), An Aditya Birla Group & Vodafone partnership (hereinafter ‘Vi™/VMSL’) and they have been appointed by Vi™ for the following activities:
1. Deliberations with landowners with respect to installation of telecom towers.
2. Announcement of lottery/reward winners.
3. Recruitment of people on work for money basis for/ through VMSL.
It has also come to our knowledge that, such person(s) are making use of Vi™ brand for misleading advertisements, in violation of our trademark and other intellectual property rights. Therefore, the common public is being informed and cautioned that, Vi™ has not appointed any outsider for leading talks with people for setup of telecom towers, announcement of any lottery/reward policy and hiring of employees on work for money basis. The common public is requested to exercise proper and precautionary due diligence before engaging in any transaction with any person(s) and confirm/verify their true identity.
A mobile tower may be installed by either Telecom Service Provider (TSP) or Infrastructure Provider (IP - I) as per their licensing /registration conditions. The updated list of TSPs and IP – I is available on DoT Website i.e. www.dot.gov.in. The public are cautioned that before they entertain any offer for installation of tower they should verify the authenticity of TSP/IP-I from DoT website.
Any transaction thereof with such fraudsters will be at the owner’s risk and Vi™/VMSL or its group companies shall not be responsible to whatsoever/whomsoever for any loss(s), claim(s) or damage(s) of any nature, in any manner.
If the common public comes to know of any such fraudulent activity then he/she may report the incident to local police authorities. In addition or alternatively please contact us at the following address.
Vodafone Idea Limited (formerly Idea Cellular Limited), An Aditya Birla Group & Vodafone partnership
B1/H5, Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate,
Mathura Road, Delhi-110044
government regulatory compliance
- Dear Customer as per Govt regulation, sending commercial/promotional sms will lead to disconnection of your service if you are not registered as a Telemarketer.
- Customers registered on DND may lodge a complaint regarding receipt of unsolicited commercial/promotional communications by sending SMS to 1909 in the specified format: "the unsolicited commercial or promotional communication, XXXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy" Where XXXXXXXXXX - is the telephone number or header of the SMS, as the case may be, from which the unsolicited commercial communication has originated.
- Just Launched…a simple and easy way to deactivate your VAS subscription. Call 155223 or SMS “STOP” to 155223
- Please do not respond to Missed Calls/SMS/WhatsApp communications asking you to call unknown international numbers with prefix other than “+91” or calls/SMS about winning prizes/ lottery as these may be fraudulent calls.
- As per govt. regulations w.e.f 22nd March '13, for connections without any usage (voice/video calls, Outgoing SMS, internet usage, VAS purchases with balance) for 90 days, fullowing actions are liable to be performed by Vi™.
- For subscribers with less than Rs. 20 balance, all services will be deactivated pending payment of Reactivation Fee for a period of 15 days. Number will be disconnected on non-payment of said Fee within this period.
- For subscribers with more than Rs. 20 balance, Automatic Number Retention Scheme will be put into effect - Rs.20 will be deducted and services will continue for 30 days. If there is no usage till the end of this period,, i) or ii) may come into effect, depending on balance.
DOT guidelines for foreign nationals subscribers (nationals outside India):
In case of Foreign nationals, subscriber needs to provide passport copy with valid visa stamp as Proof of Identity. For proof of address, the address of local reference which may also be the tour operator shall be provided. In case there is no local reference, the address of stay (hotel etc) shall be provided.
Foreign nationals are entitled for maximum validity of connection basis the Visa Category and Visa Expiry Date
Validity of connection basis Visa Category:
- Tourists Visa Holders – Maximum period of 90 days from the date of activation or Visa Expiry Date, whichever is earlier
- Expats / Long Term Visa Holders – Basis Visa Expiry Date
- Marine Visa – 15 Days from the Day of issue of Temporary Landing Permit
In case of extension of connection validity, you may visit any of our Vi™ Stores with your valid passport, renewed visa and a passport sized colour photograph for processing your request.
- A post-paid customer, in event of fore-seeing non-usage on his mobile, may avail of TRAI mandated "SAFE custody" scheme.
alert on phishing / malware protection
Phishing is an attempt by an individual or group to solicit personal information from unsuspecting users by employing social engineering techniques. Phishing emails are crafted to appear as if they have been sent from a legitimate organization or known individual. These emails often attempt to entice users to click on a link that will take the user to a fraudulent website that appears legitimate. The user then may be asked to provide personal information, such as account usernames and passwords, that can further expose them to future compromises. Additionally, these fraudulent websites may contain malicious code , which may lead visiting a bogus website or calling a premium rate number.
do’s and don’ts to protect yourself from phishing.
- Be cautious about opening any attachments or downloading files you receive regardless of who sent them
- Look for sender email ID before you enter/give away any personal information.
- Use antivirus, antispyware and firewall software (upgrade them regularly too)
- Always update your web browser and enable phishing filter
- Do use separate email accounts for things like shopping online, personal etc.
- Protect your computer by installing effective anti-virus / anti-spyware / personal firewall on your computer / mobile phone and update it regularly.
- Don't reply to an e-mail pop-up message that asks for personal or financial information.
- Don't open email that you have any suspicion may not be legitimate
- Don't supply your password or sensitive information via an email message. Vi™ will never call or email you for password etc.
- Don't open suspicious videos or images in social networking sites.
Click here for tips to Secure your Electronics from The Department of Electronics & Information Technulogy (DeitY)
Click here for more details from CERT-in.