Amazon Prime Terms
TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE OFFER “YOUTH OFFER ON AMAZON PRIME FOR VODAFONE U”
THIS DOCUMENT IS AN ELECTRONIC RECORD IN TERMS OF THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2000 AND RULES THERE UNDER AS APPLICABLE. THIS ELECTRONIC RECORD IS GENERATED BY A COMPUTER SYSTEM AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY PHYSICAL OR DIGITAL SIGNATURES.
THE OFFER IS HOSTED BY Vi™ (FORMERLY IDEA CELLULAR LIMITED), AN ADITYA BIRLA GROUP & VODAFONE PARTNERSHIP IN ASSOCIATION WITH AMAZON SELLER SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED, A COMPANY INCORPORATED UNDER THE COMPANIES ACT, 1956 AND HAVING ITS REGISTERED OFFICE AT BANGALORE, INDIA (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “Amazon”) FOR THE ELIGIBLE SUBSCRIBERS OF Vi™
THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS SHALL BE APPLICABLE TO Vi™ PREPAID SUBSCRIBERS (SUBJECT TO ELIGIBILITY) PARTICIPATING IN THE OFFER KNOWN AS “Youth offer on Amazon Prime for Vodafone U” (“Offer”) DURING THE OFFER PERIOD AS MENTIONED HEREIN.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THIS OFFER. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE OFFER, YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE OFFER.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, wherever the context so requires “You” or “Your” shall mean any natural person who being an Eligible Subscriber has participated in the Offer.
- “Subscriber” shall mean the rightful user of the Vi™ mobile connection who is either on prepaid or post-paid subscription , in whose name the mobile phone number (MSISDN) is registered with Vi™. In the event the user number / connection is registered in the name of a company/ firm, the employee who is authorized to use the MSISDN shall submit a No Objection Certificate (NoC) and authorization of the employer duly permitting the employee to use the number for subscribing for this Offer and accept the terms applicable herein.
- “Active Subscriber” shall mean a Subscriber who uses the Subscriber Identity Module (“SIM”) of Vi™ on a regular basis for purposes other than to participate in any offer or contest offered by Vi™.
- “Eligible Subscriber” shall mean an Active prepaid mobile Subscriber of Vi™. An Eligible Subscriber must also satisfy the following criteria at the time of participation and during continuation of Offer:–
- The age of the Subscriber must be between 18-24 years as on the date of purchase of Amazon Prime membership under this Offer;
- Subscriber must be an active Vi™ prepaid mobile subscriber
- Subscriber must be an Indian citizen belonging to any one of the telecom Circles of Vi™
- Subscriber must not have been subject of any criminal proceeding;
- Subscriber must not - be of an unsound mind; and
- Subscriber must not be under any legal disability e.g. minor, insolvency, restraint by court order etc. and / or is otherwise prohibited from entering any contractual relationship.
- Subscriber must not be an existing Amazon Prime membership during the Offer Period
- Subscriber must be a registered user in Vi™ app (“MVA”)
C. OFFER DETAILS – ACTIVATION, STEPS AND RESTRICTIONS
- Youth Offer on Amazon Prime for Vodafone U is an offer which contains Amazon Prime membership (“Product”) at a discounted rate for 12(twelve) months. This Offer is available exclusively for active Vi™P repaid Subscribers between the age of 18-24 years;
- Amazon Prime membership is a third party service, brought to You by Amazon Seller Services Private Limited. Vi™ is only providing the offer to subscribe to Amazon Prime membership to its interested and Eligible Subscribers and will not be responsible or liable with regard to any information that You share with Amazon or other third parties while using this availing the offer.
- Vi™ is making the offer available and will not be responsible for any liability, defect, non-performance or application / service-related issues related to the Offer. All such issues or disputes will be directly settled between You and Amazon.
- This Offer is applicable only one (1) time for one (1) MSISDN. The Offer cannot be availed for more than one (1) time on the same single MSISDN on which the Offer has been availed.
- In the event of voluntary or involuntary deactivation of the Offer, Eligible Subscriber will not be able to avail the Offer again.
- An Eligible Subscriber shall have to sign up for a new Amazon Prime membership during the Offer Period.
- Offer Activation, Steps:
- Download Vi™ application from store
- Install, open and register your Vi™ Mobile number on the application
- Click on any of the Amazon Prime promotions (banners, menu or VoV)
- Agree to the T&C and click on ‘Pay’ option
- Provide the Credit/Debit card details
- upon successful transaction, user is directed to Amazon Login Page
- Login into Amazon with your non-Prime credentials to activate the offer.
- Offer benefits: Eligible Subscriber will get 50% discount on Amazon Prime membership against such MSISDN for 12 months from the date of activation of Amazon Prime membership (“Offer Benefit Period”).
I. Restriction :
- Offer is not redeemable or refundable for cash, and cannot be exchanged against any other offer benefit;
- No refund will be available in case the Eligible Subscriber discontinues Amazon Prime subscription availed under this Offer
D. OFFER PERIOD
- This is a limited period offer by Vi™, available from …1 stJuly 2018, 00:00:01 hrs. till ………30th June 2019 , 23:59:59 hrs., both days inclusive (“Offer Period”)
- Vi™ reserves the right to extend or shorten the Offer Period, as it deems fit.
F. MODIFICATION OF OFFER
- Vi™ and Amazon reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to modify these Terms & Conditions of the Offer or any part thereof at any time during the Offer Period and without prior notice to You, if so required in view of business exigencies and/or guidelines issued / amended by TRAI, Department of Telecom (DOT) and/or such other statutory changes applicable to either or both Vi™ and Amazon ,and the same shall be binding on the participating Subscribers availing this Offer.
- If Vi™ modify these Terms, the modified terms will be posted here. You are therefore advised to check this Website regularly for any update(s) or amendment(s) made to these Terms and Conditions
G. WITHDRAWAL OF OFFER
Vi™ or Amazon reserve the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, suspend or prematurely withdraw the Offer at any time during its validity as may be required in view of business exigencies and/or changes by TRAI, Department of Telecom (DOT) and/or such other applicable statutory changes without any notice to You and the same shall be binding on the participating Subscribers availing this Offer
- You agree that this Offer is being made purely on a “best endeavour” basis and subject to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Your participation in the Offer is voluntary and You expressly agree to avail the Offer at your sole risk. Vi™ shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or any other liability to any Subscriber arising due to participation in the Offer.
- Vi™ makes no representation or warranty of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, meeting of Your requirements or aspirations, timeliness, security of the Offer and/or any delay or failure to avail the Offer including due to technical or network problems. To the extent you choose to avail this Offer, you do so at your own initiative and You shall remain responsible for compliance with the Terms and Conditions herein, any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. You agree not to hold Vi™, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and agents or representatives liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the Winner or any participant or third party, in connection with the Offer or arising otherwise.
- Vi™ reserves the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to the offer at any time without notice. In no event will Vi™ be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to the offer. Vi™ may also impose limits on the use of or access to the offer, in any case and without notice or liability. Under this offer, Vi™'s responsibility shall only be limited in providing Telecom Service on Vi™'s network for Eligible Subscribers availing this Offer.
- The Subscribers shall escalate to the Amazon any claims, issues, damages or losses with regards to the quality or functionality of the Amazon Prime membership. Vi™ will not have any responsibility related to the same and will not be able to respond any query or complaint of the participants with regard to the services provided under Amazon Prime membership.
- Vi™ has no liability against any claims arising out of or in connection with the use of the Amazon Prime content or for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature caused to Eligible Subscriber or any third party in connection with the subsistence of the Offer or the Amazon Prime content.
- You shall indemnify and keep indemnified Vi™, its officers, directors, employees, customers, affiliates and agents or representatives harmless from and against any and all actual claims, suits, proceedings, action, liabilities, expenses, costs (including attorney’s fees and court costs), losses or damages of whatsoever nature, which Vi™ may incur, pay or become responsible arising out of or in connection with the Your breach of these Terms and Conditions. Vi™ shall have the right to defend themselves, pursuant to this clause, at the cost of the Subscriber in breach.
- This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other alternative offer or promotion of a similar nature.
- By availing this Offer, You confirm and waive the applicability of rules and regulations of the National Do Not Call registry and You agree to receive promotional messages and alerts under the current Offer and upcoming offers from Vi™, as it may in its sole and absolute discretion decide.
- This Offer is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. Act of God or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Vi™.
- The Subscriber shall also be bound by the terms and conditions of the Customer Application Form as amended from time to time.
- This Offer is subject to guidelines/directions issued by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Department of Telecommunications (DOT) or any other statutory regulations and authority from time to time.
- The Terms and Conditions stated herein shall not override the terms and conditions of the Subscriber Enrolment Form/Customer Application Form.
- Failure by Vi™ to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions in any instance shall not be deemed to be a waiver of those Terms and Conditions and shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
- Subscriber may contact the customer care regarding any queries, complaints, disputes pertaining to the Offer.
- You agree that Vi™ has no responsibility and liability with regard to the privacy, safety and security of any information (including personal information) that You may have to share independently with Amazon or any third party under this Offer.
- By participating in the Offer, You confirm to abide by all intellectual and industrial property rights, including copyrights or trademarks belonging to Vi™ and to any third party content licensor to Vi™ that is made available through the Offer.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of India. In the event of any disputes or any matter arising here from will be referred to a Sole Arbitrator to be appointed by Vi™ whose decision shall be final and binding on the parties. The place of Arbitration shall be Mumbai.
Vi™ (FORMERLY IDEA CELLULAR LIMITED), AN ADITYA BIRLA GROUP & Vi™ PARTNERSHIP