A SIM card, short for subscriber identity module, is essential for a mobile phone to function well. With the progression of technology, the full-sized SIM cards also evolved into small sized nano SIMs. And then came the eSIM, an embedded digital SIM that connects to the network provider without a physical card. eSIMs are a great alternative to physical SIM cards as they help save space in mobile devices for other uses. With an eSIM you no longer need to worry about losing your SIM card if you ever lose your mobile device. Moreover, an eSIM makes the process of removing/slotting a SIM card absolutely redundant.
To configure an eSIM, you should scan a QR code sent by the network operator and require an eSIM-enabled device.
Here is How to Get an eSIM with Vi:
All Vi postpaid users are eligible for eSIM. Follow a few steps to begin the process of activating an eSIM.
- To initiate the process, send an SMS eSIM< space >registered email id to 199
- If your email id is valid you will receive a confirmation SMS
- Reply to the SMS with "ESIMY" to confirm your eSIM change request
- Step 2: Consent over Call
- Once you send confirmation SMS, you will receive another message from 199 asking you to provide your consent over call
- Once you provide consent over the call, you will receive final SMS with information on QR code sent to your registered email id
- Step 3: Scanning the QR Code
- Once you receive QR code via email, you should scan it manually
- Go to device settings and click on "Network & Internet"
- Select "Mobile Network" and click on "Download a SIM instead"
- Scan the QR code received via email
- Follow the prompts and complete the eSIM activation
Once your eSIM is activated, you can continue with your existing postpaid plan, or choose a different plan based on your requirements.
Conveniently activate your eSIM with Vi today at no additional charges and be digitally connected.