Today we can exercise complete freedom of choice when it comes to choosing a service provider. If you’re looking for better network coverage, low call drops and well customised postpaid or prepaid plans, you can easily switch from one service provider to another without waiting for a long time, unlike earlier days.
Mobile Number Portability allows subscribers to switch from one service provider to another without having to change their mobile number.
The switch can happen either between service providers or between service areas, without any compromise on quality, reliability and operational convenience.
• Visit the Vi™ MNP webpage and enter your name, mobile number and city
• Press the ‘next step’ button
• Choose from the available Vi™ individual or family packs, based on your requirements
• Enter your SIM delivery details
• Upon entering your SIM address, you will receive an OTP on your registered number, which you need to validate to confirm your order
To port your number offline through a store, you need to submit a few docs as proof of an MNP request. To port your number to a new service provider, submit your docs for address proof and ID proof and a few passport-sized photocopies.
• To request for MNP, you need to first generate a UPC (Unique Porting Code)
• SMS PORT SPACE <ten-digit mobile number> to 1900
• You’ll then receive your UPC through SMS on your existing mobile number
• Go to the nearest Vi™ store, fill the CAF (Customer Acquisition Form) and porting form of the operator and mention your UPC
• You’ll then receive your new Vi™ SIM
• Following that, you’ll receive an acknowledgement message from new service provider confirming your port request
• Porting to another service provider within the same circle will take 3 working days and porting to another service circle will take 5 days
• In case of service areas like J&K, Assam and NE areas, porting will take 15 days
• If you switch today, your current service provider connection will be deactivated, and your new connection will be activated in the midnight the next day
A few things to remember before an MNP request is accepted.
• The postpaid mobile subscriber should have cleared all dues with his current service provider
• He/she should have used the current service provider’s services for at least 90 days
• No pending contractual obligations should be fulfilled by the subscriber as per exit clause
• Mobile number portability is not prohibited by a court of law
• Mobile number sought to be port is not sub-judice
• Reason for UPC rejection will be provided through SMS
We at Vi™ have always kept the needs of our subscribers above everything, offering them the best value for money through our postpaid plans.
For the best plans and uninterrupted calling and data services, visit the Vi™ MNP page today.