When you're looking for better coverage, no call drops and the best customised plans that offer you value for money, your search ends with Vi – the most consistent and fastest 4G network across India as certified by Ookla, the global leader in broadband testing and web-based network diagnostic applications.
We at Vi™ understand your needs and have always strived to be ahead in terms of our offering. GIGAnet is a product of the largest network integration completed in record time and the first-of-its-kind spectrum reframing exercise in the world – it is truly a network that moves with you!
If you are looking for some of the best plans with uninterrupted services, use Mobile Number Portability (MNP) to port your number with India’s fastest 4G network - Vi.
How to port your number online?
The journey to port your number to Vi™ involves a few simple steps:
● Visit the MNP page on the Vi™ website
● Fill in details like your name and the mobile number you want to port
● Click on the port number option
● You will be redirected to a page that displays our best individual and family plans
● Choose a plan that suits your requirements
● Enter your address and choose a date for SIM delivery
● Once you receive an OTP on your registered number use it to confirm your order
What should you be ready with?
Generate the 8-digit UPC and keep it ready with you. To receive your UPC SMS PORT to 1900. Please keep in mind that this unique code is valid for 15 days only, so ensure you port your number within this time frame. Note: For J&K, NE, and Assam service areas a UPC is valid for 30 days.
In case you have requested to port a postpaid number, you will have to submit a copy of your last paid bill along with the porting form. Clear your bill and keep the copy ready.
You will find a complete list of documents that are accepted for address and photo ID proof on the Vi™ website. Check the list and keep photocopies of your documents ready.
A few things to note
● You can request an MNP only if you have completed 90 days on the network of your existing connection
● If you have already ported your number, you can port again only after 90 days
● All your bills with the current service provider should be paid and clear before you request for porting
● For corporate connection, a NOC to port, duly signed and stamped by an authorised signatory of the company is required on the letterhead of the company
● It usually takes 4-7 working days to complete the porting process of an MNP request.
● 2-4 hours are required for SIM activation on the Vi™ network. However, you have nothing to worry about, you will still be on your old network until then