ViTM’s sustainability journey started a few years ago and the first Sustainability Report, for FY 2016, encapsulated the very same efforts. This is the second sustainable business report about ViTM’s economic, social and environment performance related to sustainability for the reporting period from April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2018. The theme of this report is “ViTM into Action”, where we capture the efforts made during the reporting period both from our corporate and circle offices. While ViTM Sustainability Report - 2016 spoke about short-term sustainability goals, indicators and targets, this report elaborates on how those goals have and will continue to turn our sustainability agenda into reality, as we realise our vision to be the most admired telecom company creating long-term stakeholder value through sustainable business practices.
The report highlights ViTM’s sustainability vision, which is closely aligned with the larger vision of the 3 pillars that build the sustainable business practices of the Aditya Birla group - Responsible Stewardship, Stakeholder Engagement and Future Proofing.
Here are a few highlights from the report:
1) In FY18, there is a 13% reduction in Scope 1 GHG Emissions (from Fuel) (tCO2).
2) 200 tonnes of e-waste have been effectively recycled.
3) 25% reduction in CO2 emission per rack in our data centre from past two years
4) 922 MWH Energy saved in our data centre facilities
5) 3 Million Units of renewable power sourcing to our data centre soon.
6) There were zero cases of child labour and zero human rights violations in 2018.
7) The company saw 100% compliance with EMF norms.
8) Our CSR activities influenced 20 states, and 11 lakh beneficiaries. We were able to provide support for education, healthcare and skill development & livelihood.
At ViTM, our sustainability measures extend to all partners and suppliers as per the Code of Conduct. The FY18 Sustainable Business Report is aligned with 13 of the 17 UN Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs), and is in reference with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) international sustainability reporting standards and SEBI’s Business Responsibility Reporting Guidelines.
The report details highlights in the past year (FY 17/18) in promoting the sustainability agenda and lays out the roadmap for the merged entity of Vodafone Idea Limited moving forward.
To read the full ViTM Sustainable Business Report, 2018, Click Here
To read the full ViTM Sustainability Report, 2016, Click Here