WiFi is a ubiquitous technology that provides wireless internet connectivity and is widely available in homes, offices, or public spaces. With the increasing use of smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other internet-connected devices, WiFi has become essential for work, entertainment, or banking. We stream videos, browse the web, complete our banking transactions, work, or stay connected with family and friends using the internet.
To set up a WiFi router, an ethernet cable connection is required. However, a WiFi router with a SIM card slot enables multiple devices to connect to the internet on the go. It is convenient in areas with limited internet infrastructure or during travel.
Vi offers the MiFi device, a pocket-friendly portable router that uses a SIM card to provide wireless internet connectivity by using a cellular network instead of a traditional wired connection.
Visit the Vi MiFi page and order your MiFi router. Once you have the MiFi device, you need a Vi postpaid SIM card with an active postpaid plan. To create a personal hotspot, follow these steps:
- Place the SIM card in your MiFi router and switch it on
- From the available networks join the Vi MiFi network
- The default username & password is "admin"
- While connecting Vi MiFi router to your device for the first time, log in to the URL: http://192.168.1.1
- Login using default credentials and change your MiFi password